African Leadership University Job Vacancy 2018 for Leadership Facilitator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for African Leadership University Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
African Leadership University Vacancy 2018
We believe that the future of Africa will be defined by its leaders and their ability to unleash the incredible potential of the continent. ALX, the newest part of the African Leadership Group, is a bold innovation in talent and leadership development. It combines co-working spaces with lifelong learning, career matching, networking, and start-up incubation. Our goal is to become the gathering place for the top 5% of leadership talent in the world and to scale to hundreds of cities across Africa and around the world. By empowering leaders to innovative and re-imagine we want to be a catalyst for transformation on the continent.
We are looking for mission-driven, passionate entrepreneurs to launch and manage ALX hubs in various cities across Africa and around the world. These founding teams will establish locations in Nairobi (launching September 2018), Johannesburg, Casablanca, Lagos, Accra, Cape Town (launching in 2019) and across the continent.
As a high-growth start-up, the ALX Team works in starkly different ways to traditional environments. We approach everything from first principles, empower individuals to design, test, and implement creative new ideas, and work closely together to craft transformative leadership experiences. We are deeply passionate about our Young Leaders and excited by the challenge of building something entirely new.
Responsibilities for the Leadership Facilitator Job
- Facilitating in-person sessions with up to 30 Young Leaders
- Reviewing work examples and providing regular online and offline feedback based on rubrics
- Holding sessions for targeted coaching and feedback during labs/workshops
Beyond In-person sessions
- Identifying & scoping projects for Young Leaders to work on with partners from external companies
- Providing input on and assisting with the continuous improvement of the design of any in-person sessions
- Identifying relevant datasets and databases for self-growth
- Reporting to Facilitator Lead and other relevant stakeholders to align on tasks and ensuring successful completion of projects from end-to-end in line with our vision
Leadership Facilitator Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in consulting, project management, data analysis or similar field
- Strong work/experience in at least two of the following expertise areas: business expansion, data analysis, communications, marketing, business process analysis, financial modelling, and starting/supporting profitable entrepreneurial ventures.
Valued Characteristics and mindsets
- Self-aware and effective communicator: Outstanding written and verbal communication, ability to give and receive feedback well, and are intentional about showing high level of humility despite experience/expertise
- Passionate facilitator: excited about ALX’s vision for innovation in learning and leadership development. Ideally, you have past experience in facilitating large/small sessions or workshops with an innovative, human-centred twist.
- Results-Oriented and Collaborative team player: Energized by engaging collaboratively (online and offline) and working across multiple teams to achieve best outcomes in a timely manner
- Quick and Agile Learner: Thrilled to engage with new ideas, quick learner especially during uncertainty and change, and continuously seeking feedback. In particular, shows quick learning for engaging with technology and tools related to performing the role well
- Critical thinker: easily able to think beyond what is given at face value, and able to pick and synthesize implications of problem-solving for a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of Kiswahili
- Passion for working with young people and past experience in leadership development programs
- Experience making data-driven decisions
- Tech-Savvy, particularly using tools such as Salesforce, Lucidchart, Lucidpress, Slack, Google Suite, Google Classroom, and EdX
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: