African Leadership University Job Vacancy 2018 for Community Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for African Leadership University Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
African Leadership University Vacancy 2018
We believe that the future of Africa will be defined by its leaders and their ability to unleash the incredible potential of the continent. ALX, the newest part of the African Leadership Group, is a bold innovation in talent and leadership development. It combines co-working spaces with lifelong learning, career matching, networking, and start-up incubation. Our goal is to become the gathering place for the top 5% of leadership talent in the world and to scale to hundreds of cities across Africa and around the world. By empowering leaders to innovative and re-imagine we want to be a catalyst for transformation on the continent.
We are looking for mission-driven, passionate entrepreneurs to launch and manage ALX hubs in various cities across Africa and around the world. These founding teams will establish locations in Nairobi (launching September 2018), Johannesburg, Casablanca, Lagos, Accra, Cape Town (launching in 2019) and across the continent.
About The Role
The ALX Community Manager will make ALX the ‘go-to’ place for the top talent in a given city. We are looking for a masterful community builder with experience in planning powerful events and curating inspiring experiences for busy professionals that will make them want to come back for more. You will manage the ALX community to ensure it is vibrant, entrepreneurial and inspiring. If you have a background in organizing high-end events and conferences or in managing private social clubs, start-up incubators, accelerators, or co-working spaces, this position is for you.
We are actively hiring this role in Nairobi.
Responsibilities for the Community Manager Job
- Bring the ALX culture to life through curated community programming
- Oversee the delivery and operations of the ALX Community (incl. marketing, programming, partnerships)
- Coordinate across a team of incredibly passionate, talented and diverse people
- Create transformational experiences for community members and the local network
- Plan and run operations of community events and other programming
- Build partnerships with external lifelong learning providers to offer unique learning experiences to ALX community members
- Grow the membership base and deliver on the community value proposition while maintaining a high quality experiences
- Monitor and evaluate impact, effectiveness and efficiency of the program
- Build systems and processes that contribute to making ALX sites scalable and cost-efficient; support the development of playbooks and continuous improvement cycles to scale ALX
- Report to the General Manager of the ALX site
Community Manager Job Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- A creative, problem-solving approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Entrepreneurial mindset and can-do attitude
- Comfortable with uncertainty and a startup environment, but have knowledge and insight to provide structure where needed
- Passionate about scalable and innovative leadership development
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: