African Conservation Centre Job Vacancy 2019 for Administrative Officer & Executive Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for African Conservation Centre Job Vacancies 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
African Conservation Centre Job Vacancies 2019
- Reports to: Deputy Director
To provide high level support to the office of the Executive Director and also to the Management Team in ensuring organizational operations are carried out efficiently and effectively for a conducive work environment. Providing administrative support functions to ACC projects.
- Professional support for Executive Directors office
- Support to senior management team
- Efficient and effective front office management and communication Regular and timely compilation of monthly project reports.
- Adherence to cost management of the administration budget within custody
- Regular maintenance and repairs of respective office equipment and facilities
- Internal and external customer satisfaction index
- Sustained acceptable performance of self and team
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support for senior management team:
- Schedule and coordiante meetings and deadlines and follow up various itineraries including travel arrangements
- Schedule and arrange for Board of Directors, management and external partners meetings and take minutes where required.
- Support the Director to prepare Board packs and presentations within given timelines
- Manage day to day Director and Deputy Director’s diaries
- Provide direct administrative and fucntional support for the senior management team including follow up of action plans, deadlines, project work targets among others
- Operational Efficiency of the assigned departments
- Provide Administrative assistance to all departments and support respective programmes
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls for the organization.
- Receive and direct mail and information emanating from and/or intended for the
- Maintain and update the diary and schedule of key meetings and events for the organization and maintain and update schedule of internal and external bookings as advised To ensure that meeting rooms/facillities are allocated appropriatlely with requisite equipment
- Maintain an up-to-date filing and information retrieval system for the organization, including classified and/or confidential materials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff in the department and organization. Provide administrative support during meetings organised by the department and Organization including taking minutes and action plans.
- Receive and assist the visitors, including advising them where necessary, and directing them to the relevant offices.
The position is primarily based in Nairobi but may have occasional field related dutues. The job may demand long hours of work and at times work under pressure. The nature of work requires that strict deadlines must always be met and messages from callers/visitors to be conveyed effectively to the relevant person.
EXPECTED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION:
Level of Education/Academic Qualification:
- Degree in Business Administration/ Human Resource Management/Sociology or an equivalent
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications:
- Diploma in a business Administration course or Executive secretarial skills will be added Advantage
Relevant Job Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience working as Executive Assistant and working closely with senior management and/or board level is important
TECHNICAL & GENERAL COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency in computer packages such as MS word, power-point and spreadsheets
- Good communication and writing skills with proficiency in both English and Kiswahili languages
- Confidentiality and high sense of discretion
- Competent in working across multiple tasks and functions and interractions with all levels of internal stakeholders
- Strong organizational, office and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and inter-cultural orientation
- Dynamic, proactive and creative
- Strong sense of initiative and self-drive
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, strict deadlines and flexibility to adhoc schedules
- Ability to manage complex assignments and crises
- Very smart appearance, mature and courteous
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is January 18th 2019. All applications should be sent by email to[email protected]. Kindly attach a detailed CV and copies of certificates of qualifications.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More