Africa Re Job Vacancies 2018 for Assistant Technical Accounts Officer (2 Posts)
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums.
Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria) with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries, Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and two (2) Contact Offices in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) and Kampala (Uganda).
It has also two (2) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited and Africa Retakaful) in Johannesburg (South Africa) and in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 41 African member States; the African Development Bank; 111 African insurance and reinsurance companies; and four (4) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best Company and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa-Re announces the vacancy of two (2) positions of Assistant Technical Accounts Officer in her Nairobi Regional Office.
The Assistant Technical Accounts Officer will be responsible for identifying, verifying accounts based on contract conditions, line of business, and follow up on missing information to resolve any discrepancies with the clients and coordinate with other units (underwriting and claims).
The duties of the Assistant Technical Accounts Officer shall comprise amongst others:
- Maintaining the Reinsurance Debtors balances;
- Process client’s accounts (Cedents/brokers) with lines of business and underwriting year data
- Verify and analyze the accuracy of account statements and bordereaux
- Cash matching of receipts and payments with related reinsurance debtors and creditors transactions;
- Raising and posting of approved Journal Vouchers;
- Following up balances due from Cedants and Brokers for payment;
- Preparing relevant payment requests for the balances due to Cedants and Brokers;
- Maintenance of Cedants files;
- Supporting the Underwriters in the Management of the relationship with Cedants and Brokers;
- General clerical work relating to technical transactions in the Finance Department.
- First University Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Insurance ;
- 4 Years of experience in technical accounting or similar role within reinsurance/insurance
- Experience working with all types of reinsurance treaties/facultative and associated accounting implications
- Additional professional qualifications in insurance and working knowledge in French language shall be an added advantage.
- Competencies and Additional Requirements for this Position:
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of reinsurance accounting
- Basic knowledge of general accounting
- Overall knowledge of reinsurance principles and operations
- Detailed oriented and customer service focused
- Ability to build relationships to ensure smooth business transactions
- Good Presentation and reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage, prioritize and effectively meet deadlines.
- Problem solving skills with capacity for taking initiatives
- Reliable, Flexible, creative, with good reasoning and ability to multitask
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong Excel skills is required
- Integrity and sense of responsibility
Applicants must also be Nationals of member States of Africa Re.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s SS Grade Level
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Housing Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Inflation Adjustment allowance that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation and inflation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa-Re website at http://www.africa-re.com/en/current-vacancies for full job descriptions, main specifications, salary & benefits and to complete the online employment form, or
Application together with detailed CV should be sent via email to email@example.com
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
Closing Date for Submission of Applications: 15th February 2018
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: