Adeso Job Vacancy For Innovations Lead NGO, Application Details
Adeso is a humanitarian and development organization that has been changing the way people think about and deliver aid in Africa for over 25 years. Adeso works at the grassroots level to ensure that development comes from within, not outside, African communities.
The strength of our relationships with stakeholders is the strength of our programming approach. Together with communities, humanitarians, donors, government and local authorities, we work towards our vision to bring positive change to the way in which aid is delivered. By listening to communities and responding to the needs that they value the most, Adeso works alongside African communities to co-create programs that develop sustainable outcomes and lasting change at the grassroots level.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to contribute to and be part of an innovative program of very vibrant humanitarian, Fintech and information management agencies that offers real and sustainable solutions to vulnerable communities and which seeks to reach out to more Kenyans.
The position is based in Nairobi, and reports to the Project Director.
Program Responsibilities include:-
- Provide leadership for the innovation process
- Lead on promoting a culture and environment of innovation
- Give critical input on learning and best practices of the Lab
Table of Contents
Roles for the Innovations Lead Job
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the Innovation Managers, obtaining resources, overseeing task completion; and reporting progress, achievements and challenges to the Head of the Lab.
- Establish and promote a culture of innovation.
- Closely work with the Innovation Managers to monitor and oversee the innovations process.
- Support the Innovations Managers to identify opportunities to link innovators with similar successful innovators/start-ups/investors to assist them in following the innovations process which may also lead to scaling.
- Evaluate external R&D partners, emerging technology trends and business models for application and incorporation into innovation programs.
- Monitor and review the idea database and innovations process.
- Support Innovations Managers to share best practices and lessons learned in the innovations process.
- Assist with evaluating all ideas against established criteria to determine if appropriate for Labs.
- Assist Project Director and Innovations Manager to ensure the innovation process is managed efficiently and effectively.
- Assist Innovations Managers by choreographing incubation of best ideas.
- Any other duties as required within the level and authority of this position.
Innovations Lead Job Qualifications
- Proven leadership and Innovation Management skills
- Graduate degree, preferably in computer science, marketing, communications or journalism or equivalent – essential
- A minimum of 4-years innovations management experience – essential
- Passion for innovation and its incorporation in all domains.
- Strong team-working and relationship building skills.
- Ability to be proactive and promote the Lab.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Relevant experience in development and humanitarian context is desirable.
- Must have excellent written, spoken and analytical skills in English.
- Spoken Kiswahili skill desirable.
- Experience in documentation, reporting and learning required.
- Knowledge of working with or handling innovation labs will be an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Proficiency in web and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, power point, etc.
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Innovations Lead” in the email subject matter by 25th December, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following: An updated CV (maximum 3 pages); An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees including a supervisor. Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: