Adeso Job Vacancy For DEPP Lab Innovations Manager NGO, Application Details
Adeso is a humanitarian and development organization that has been changing the way people think about and deliver aid in Africa for over 25 years. Adeso works at the grassroots level to ensure that development comes from within, not outside, African communities. The strength of our relationships with stakeholders is the strength of our programming approach. Together with communities, humanitarians, donors, government and local authorities, we work towards our vision to bring positive change to the way in which aid is delivered. By listening to communities and responding to the needs that they value the most, Adeso works alongside African communities to co-create programs that develop sustainable outcomes and lasting change at the grassroots level.
The DEPP Innovations Manager will be expected to support innovators in the target communities. The Innovations Manager will assist in ideation and prototype process of innovations and their suitability for development by the Labs. The Innovations Manager will enable and promote a culture of innovation in the labs. S/he will leverage best practices and learning, incorporate new ideas and assimilate with DEPP Labs innovation processes.
This position requires the demonstrated ability to facilitate and document the innovations process in newly established labs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to contribute to and be part of an innovative program of very vibrant humanitarian, Fintech and information management agencies that offers real and sustainable solutions to vulnerable communities and which seeks to reach out to more Kenyans.
The position is based in Garissa, and reports to the Innovations Lead at the headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
Program Responsibilities include:-
- Establish and facilitate the innovation process
- Promote a culture and environment of innovation
- Document learning and best practices of the Lab
Table of Contents
Innovations Manager Job Responsibilities
- Organize ideation events; manage scheduling, materials, facilities and documentation.
- Establish and promote a culture of innovation.
- Closely work with the innovators and their products to leverage partnerships and identify opportunities for ideation.
- Manage the idea database to ensure all ideas are captured and documented.
- Assist with evaluating all ideas against established criteria to determine if appropriate for Labs.
- Ensure the innovation process is managed efficiently and effectively.
- Regularly document and share best practices and lessons learned from the innovation process in order to assist innovators to improve their current and future innovations.
- Any other duties as required within the level and authority of this position.
Qualifications for the Innovations Manager Job
- Graduate degree in computer science, marketing, communications, journalism or equivalent – essential
- A minimum of 3-years innovations management experience – essential
- Passion for innovation and its incorporation in all domains.
- Proven innovation management skills.
- Strong team-working and relationship building skills.
- Ability to be proactive and promote the Lab.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Relevant experience in development and humanitarian context is desirable.
- Must have excellent written, spoken and analytical skills in English.
- Spoken Kiswahili skill desirable.
- Experience in documentation, reporting and learning required.
- Knowledge of working with or handling innovation labs will be an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, power point, etc
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to [email protected], quoting “Innovations Manager” in the email subject matter by 25th December, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following:
An updated CV (maximum 3 pages);
An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees including a supervisor.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: