ADESO Africa Recruitment 2018 for Finance Manager – Adeso Hq, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for ADESO Africa Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
ADESO Africa Recruitment 2018
Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Reporting To: Executive Director
Working With: Country Directors, HR, Programs and Operations Teams
Duration: One (1) Year, Renewable
Starting Date: Immediately
The Finance Manager will be a full-time member of the Adeso staff, working with the Programs, HR and Operations teams both at HQ and the field offices.
- Financial Management.
- Business Planning and Donor Management.
- Compliance and Implementation of Policies and Procedures.
- Risk Management.
- Capacity Building.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Management
- Planning and coordinating the activities of the Finance department by ensuring that there are adequate resources to effectively undertake the planned activities for the department.
- Providing leadership and supervision to all Finance Department staff and ensuring that they carry out their daily tasks in an effective and efficient manner as per Adeso’s policies and procedures, and donor requirements.
- Assisting Program Managers and Country Directors in the preparation and monitoring of budgets for all projects/programs as per Adeso and Donor formats, on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Providing timely and sound financial reports to the management, donors and other stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisting in the institution of organizational financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Adeso’s policies and procedures, and donor regulations.
- Reviewing monthly payments including payroll for all staff.
- Reviewing reconciliations of all balance sheet items on monthly basis.
- Ensuring that employee advances are tracked on monthly basis.
- Strengthening financial systems and internal controls by ensuring that transactions are properly captured, reviewed and recorded accordingly in the system.
- Ensuring that all payments are adequately supported by the relevant documents.
- Conducting performance appraisals for the Finance Department staff with the view to building capacity;
- Monitoring expenditures, budgets and cash flow and informing the management of major issues whilst suggesting corrective actions as when needed.
- Ensuring proper coding, posting and approval of all transactions in the Serenic/Accounting system.
- Periodically reviewing the fixed assets register and ensuring that it reconciles with the accounting system records.
- Preparing and presenting financial updates and reports to the Management and the Board of Directors.
- Business Planning and Donor Management
- Leading Adeso’s budget planning processes, including program and annual budget preparation and review.
- Leading in the review, revision and updating of financial, operations policies and procedures for Adeso as and when required.
- Monitoring budgets and program expenditure on monthly basis.
- Reviewing and consolidating monthly cash requests from country offices and ensuring timely liquidation
- Planning for the growth and expansion of the Finance function.
- Overseeing and managing institutional and program audits and liaising regularly with auditors (internal and external) and government agencies.
- Compliance and Implementation of Policies and Procedures
- Undertaking regular financial monitoring in the field/country sub-offices and ensuring that staff adhere to Adeso and donor financial policies and procedures.
- Staying abreast of changes in regulatory environment, in particular, accounting, financial and statutory requirements of relevance to Adeso’s work and ensuring that the organization is in compliance with local statutory laws and legislations.
- Ensuring adherence to the financial requirements of donors, including matters of recruitment, procurement, allocations of expenses, compliance and reporting.
- Ensuring proper management of contracts and agreements at all times, including reviewing of donor contracts, vendor contracts, lease agreements, and any other service contracts as may be required.
- Risk Management
- Providing strategic guidance to Adeso’s Management and Board of Directors on financial matters, including financial risk, budget size, structure and optimal use of resources and currency management.
- Identifying legal, operational, HR and financial risks and advising on best course of action.
- Overseeing the implementation of an Information Management System to safeguard Adeso’s institutional memory and encourage better information sharing between colleagues.
- Capacity Building
- Training and mentoring Finance staff on the use of the computerized accounting software and ensuring that they follow the standard process of using the system.
- Providing orientation and training to all Adeso staff on effective cost management.
- Identifying any capacity gaps and assessing any capacity building needs for Adeso Finance team and proposing corrective action.
- Planning for and implementing capacity building activities for Adeso Finance staff and partners on timely and efficient manner.
- Managing, developing and mentoring Finance staff and ensure staffs develop competencies in the key functional areas.
- Assisting in the identification of best practices within and outside of Adeso and help in the documentation and implementation of such practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Professional qualifications in accounting – CPA (K), ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working in Non Profit sector.
- Experience in managing multi-donor programs/projects, multi-million dollar budgets for non-profit organizations.
- Expertise in budget development and monitoring, providing narratives to financial figures, financial analysis and quantitative data.
- Experience in institutionalizing financial policies and procedures and internal control systems.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of organization.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written and the ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel regularly to and within remote areas.
- Ability to function effectively in a complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Strong management skills and strong competencies in people management, capacity building and coaching.
- Proficiency in ERP/financial systems such as Serenic Navigator strongly preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience and knowledge of institutional donor funding requirements and regulations particularly European Commission, UN agencies, DFID and USAID to be able to advise Adeso management and staff accordingly.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills as well as be ability to demonstrate experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets with ability to transfer these skills to other users.
- Good knowledge of local and regional laws and statutory requirements.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to issues.
- Previous experience in similar position will be an added advantage.
- Spoken and written Somali and Arabic will also be an added advantage.
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application quoting “Finance Manager – HQ” in the email subject matter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th June, 2018. Each application should be addressed to the Regional Human Resources Manager and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one’s background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: