Adept Systems Job Vacancy 2018 for General Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Adept Systems job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Adept Systems Job Vacancy 2018
Our client is in the production, marketing and distribution of a biopesticide in Kenya. The product has been launched on the market and production has begun.
They are seeking to recruit an enterprising General Manager with a solid understanding and experience of transacting agricultural inputs. The successful candidate shall oversee the operations of the plant based in Machakos, with a primary focus on growing revenues by developing business across the country and managing distribution.
Reporting to the Board of Management, he/she will be responsible for the overall performance of the plant.
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategy to grow business
- Establish powerful networks at county and national levels and with various stakeholders which will pave way for business development.
- Liaise with national government, county government and private sector players to run farmer trainings for the product.
- Develop and manage the entire sales cycle from receiving orders to effective communication with customers to timely product delivery
- Manage the financial aspects of the entire plant operations to achieve cost efficiency i.e. labour, material and overhead expenses.
- Direct and manage plant operations from production, maintenance and quality, as well as inventory, warehousing and shipping and receiving.
- Prepare production plans as per the demand in the market and market projections.
- Oversee procurement of the raw materials to meet production requirements.
- Manage and maintain existing plant facilities and equipment in appropriate working condition to meet business needs.
- Work toward continuous improvement in efficiency and productivity of the plant.
- Oversee the development and continuous review of standard operating procedures as well as ensuring their effective implementation
- Ensure that the plant, processes and its products meet all regulatory and health and safety guidelines.
Qualifications for the General Manager Job
- BSc. Degree in Agricultural or Mechanical engineering, Food Processing/Technology or Biological/Agricultural sciences., with a secondary qualification in sales and marketing
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the food/feed or seed/ agro-input processing industry, preferentially within a commercial or semi-commercial setting with a solid understanding of process engineering: design, operation, control and optimization.
- Proven leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Good verbal, report writing and general communication skills.
- Honest, vigilant and can work under pressure with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Visit our website for more vacancies.
- EXPLORE MORE: