Adam Smith International Job Vacancies 2018 for Risk & Assurance Manager Finance
The Somalia Stability Fund is a multi-donor fund working towards a peaceful, secure, and stable Somalia. It offers Somali stakeholders a source of multi-year funding that can respond to local needs and opportunities. The Stability Fund aims to contribute to enhancing stability in Somalia through the following programmatic outputs:
- Fault-lines for political conflict (FGS-FMS, inter & intra state) are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Enhanced popular participation in governance, particularly for women and excluded communities
- Increased government visibility and community engagement
- Reduced community vulnerability to conflict
The Risk and Assurance Manager will provide support and oversight through individual investments and across the allocated investment portfolio ensuring that fiduciary risk and due diligence work streams are proactively delivered and managed.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation of policies and procedures in relation to SSF Risk Assurance;
- Assist the Risk, Finance and Procurement (RFP) Lead in the development, monitoring and updating of the periodic portfolio and investment review plan in line with risk registers, in consultation with appropriate managers and ensuring that all agreed recommendations are implemented;
- Work with the RFP Lead and the Team Leader to ensure that key risks are reflected in the key strategies and the performance management framework;
- Review and provide necessary support in regard to SSF funds audit and assurance processes including spot checks, internal and external audits, due diligences and quality checks;
- Ensure there is appropriate follow up with investees/grantees on the due diligence and capacity assessment recommendations and ensure they are actioned and appropriately evidenced where necessary;
- Undertake monthly and quarterly review and update of the SSF risk registers and matrix;
- Act as focal point for the Risk, Finance and Procurement Lead providing periodic updates on progress with implementation of fiduciary controls;
- Review the periodic investment asset verification and ensure the asset register is updated and lead the asset disposal processes;
- Work with the Finance Team in identifying fiduciary risks, impacts and any appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations on the risk assurance framework, risk registers and internal audit plan as required;
- Take part in Risk Management Unit team meetings and other meetings as required; and
- Undertake any other activities related to the SSF risk assurance as may from time to time be directed by the RFP Lead.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Risk Assurance Reports
- Due diligence and capacity assessment reports
- Investment close out reports including asset and inventory disposal reports
- Other Deliverables as requested by the Risk, Finance and Procurement Lead
The Risk and Assurance Manager will report to the Risk, Finance and Procurement Lead
- Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or related field;
- Minimum five years’ experience in the risk assurance, internal audit or related field;
- Five years’ experience in Somalia or other fragile country and environment;
- Substantive knowledge and prior experience working on DFID and/or other donor funded programmes and projects;
- Essential IT skills inclusive of MS Office and demonstrated experience working with spreadsheets e.g. MS Excel; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with people from multi-cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria please send a cover letter and your CV (maximum of 4 pages total) email@example.com, “Risk and Assurance Manager – SSF” in the title of your email.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 8th of April 2018
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: