Action Against Hunger Job Vacancies 2018 for Logistics Advisor
Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 40 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. From crisis to sustainability, Action Against Hunger tackles the underlying causes of malnutrition and its effects. By integrating our programs with local and national systems, we further ensure that short-term interventions become long-term solutions. With Head Offices in France, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
providing technical logistics support, advisory and follow-up to the Action Against Hunger USA country logistics teams. You will also select stakeholders within the wider organization through developing, managing and guiding on logistics related activities within Action Against Hunger USA country offices.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Overseeing internal control processes and appropriate use of resources ensuring that Action Against Hunger-USA’s country offices are working in accordance with internal logistics procedures as well as all donor rules and policies.
- Participating in the design of the Action Against Hunger-USA logistics strategy and the achievement of it’s objectives whilst identifying, adapting and implementing best practices in the areas of logistics management.
- Contributing to the recruitment, selection, placement and orientation of logistics professionals at country level by providing a technical support.
- Representing Action Against Hunger-USA in relevant platforms and contributes to the overall visibility of the Logistics department.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Science, or another related field, a Master’s and membership to a professional body related to logistics is an added advantage.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience managing and coordinating logistics in a wide variety of field operations. Previous experience managing country level logistics from a headquarters level is preferred.
- You are knowledgeable on rules, regulations and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of procurement rules from US Government (OFDA, USAID, BPRM), EU, ECHO, UN, and other agencies.
- You have experience working in complex humanitarian emergencies, leading multiple projects.
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
You are very efficient leading processes
- You are highly organized & pay attention to details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You have strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- You have excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload, diverse tasks and responsibilities, and also work calmly under pressure.
- You are self disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- You have experience working with diverse international teams and ability to communicate well in writing, French language skills is an added advantage.
- Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You have diplomatic skills and are able to conduct negotiation and mediation.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to country offices when require. While visiting the country offices, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well is to infectious diseases.
All Action Against Hunger-USA employees are required to engage with and follow the performance management program in place.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger International career website on action-against-hunger.workable.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: