ACTED NGO Job Vacancy 2018 for Transport Assistant
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 36 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion. For more information, please visit our website at www.acted.org.
ACTED Kenya/Somalia is looking for experienced self-driven and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of Transport Assistant in Nairobi Kenya.
His/her main responsibilities is to ensure the quality of guest service to all visitors and ensuring all duties of the reception as outlined below are performed to perfection. S/he will also assist the Transport Officer in daily management of staff movements and drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Desk Management
- Welcoming all visitors and attending to them; As much as possible, being aware of where staff members are throughout the day so that s/he can relay proper information about wait times and whereabouts to visitors. S/he must be able to effectively balance greeting visitors with her administrative duties.
Answer all incoming calls and direct them to the respective departments
- Manage the main phone line and direct calls to the respective staff members. When required, answer calls for staff who are either busy or otherwise unavailable and be responsible for supplying information, taking messages and keeping staff members informed about the time, date and nature of calls. Also maintain and update call log sheet.
- Manage correspondence of staff members; follow up on to-dos and then file the emails in appropriate categories. S/he in charge of distributing the postal mails to the respective staff/departments.
Maintaining Records and Files
- Manage filing system and maintains important records. As much as possible, organize online and paper files for easy access and quick retrieval. Working with files also includes suggesting new organizing systems if needed and fulfilling file requests from co-workers.
- Provide clerical support to other departments; photocopying/scanning of documents as needed.
- Monitoring staff attendance sheets and ensuring that all staff sign correct time of arrival and departure-Keep the HR informed of any attendance anomalies
Assisting the Transport Officer
- Arrange routine daily vehicle movements as required or requested
- Book flights as requested and arrange for pickups/drop offs
- Assist in booking accommodations in the absence of the transport officer
- Maintain and update the newspaper delivery logsheet.
- Preparation of taxi and flight documents for payment
- Preparation of landline and other telephone paperwork for payment
To perform any other duties as requested.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or a Higher Diploma in Business Administration, Front Office Operations, Public Relations or related field.
- At least one year of experience in a similar position – receptionist, customer service
- Computer Literate – MS Outlook and Excel and basic software application and familiarity with the internet and email communications
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have knowledge of office record keeping practices and methods
- Must be very pleasant with a warm and outgoing personality
- A high level of organizational skills;
- Precise attention to detail;
- Ability to multi task
How to Apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 15th March 2018
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. If you receive any email/calls in relation to ACTED’s recruitment and you are unsure about its validity or origin, please contact us on [email protected]
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- EXPLORE MORE: