Act Change Transform Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Communications Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kakamega County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Act Change Transform Job Vacancy 2018
Act Change Transform is a leading Kenyan not-for-profit, a non-governmental organization involved in diverse development initiatives in Kenya. Act!’s main programme focus is in Environment and Natural Resources Management; Democracy and Human Rights and Peace Building and Conflict Transformation.
The Senior Communications Officer (SCO) will provide communications advice, guidance and implement communications plans for Act! specifically ensuring that the right communications resources are sought, developed and distributed to the relevant audiences. The role will build a progressive communications culture that supports ACT!’s Strategic objective on creating an integrated organization with a strong brand identity, shared across all staff and programs.
The main roles and responsibilities of the Senior Communications Officer will include but not be limited to the following:
- Collaborate with management and program teams to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on Act! target audience and budgets.
- Establish the credibility of communications as a management discipline.
- In partnership with the ICT function, ensure Act! is at the forefront of all communications technology.
- Ensure quality implantation of the Act! brand by nurturing the communications skills of staff to express themselves simply, clearly and powerfully.
- Provide relevant communications training and mentoring to the program teams and implementing partners.
Documentation and Publications
- Produce compelling success stories, press releases, internal newsletters, annual reports, presentation materials and other communications products and publications.
- Undertake photography and dissemination of photographic materials to speak to Act!s programming requirements.
- Provide videography and documentary support including idea generation, conceptualization and implementation.
- Provide quality control on all communications with Act! partners.
- Design and layout of project documents including brochures and ensure Act! branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Coordinate the production, collation and editing of Act! web articles as well as relevant organization’s publications such as newsletters, annual reports.
- Ensure regular updating of Act! website content and social media pages in liaison with the IT manager.
- Develop strong media relations with key local and international media to promote Act!s profile.
- Participate in communications planning and briefing for example during press conferences and media interviews.
- Provide support in communication strategic planning for each project.
- Develop communication plans, including implementation plans, work plans and schedules across the three Act!’s programs.
- Represents Act! at meetings within the areas of operation, the wider network and beyond as directed.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning
- In liaison with the Monitoring and Evaluation team develop a sound system for monitoring of Act!s communication strategy.
- In liaison with the MERL and programme teams support the tracking and reporting of outcomes.
- Participate in and contribute to quarterly and other scheduled programme performance review meetings.
- Edit organizational bi-annual, annual and annual performance reports.
- Develop training and mentoring plans on communication for Act! .
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Capacity Development team on communications standards.
- Provide technical support to the program teams for capacity development in communications for partners.
Networking and representation
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with media and maintain a media database, and partners.
- Implement a broad based communications market strategy for Act!s platforms and key competencies.
- Negotiate collaboration with the media with regards to press coverage and adverts.
- Attend external meetings and other Advocacy related gatherings through which Act! can profile our work.
- Represent the program and Act! in meetings as delegated by supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Requirements
The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully in their job are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Masters degree or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- Post graduate qualifications in Mass Communication / Journalism.
- Qualifications in program/project design.
Experience in years and indicate level of experience
- At least 3-5 years’ substantive experience in development communications.
- Experience in managing USAID related program will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical, editorial and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the country, work extended periods in the field and interact effectively with partners and willingness to learn new approaches.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment and with partners at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in photography and videography including editing skills are added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop) are added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as contained in the job description, please submit (1) a detailed and current CV; (2) an application cover letter demonstrating why you qualify for this opportunity, quoting your current/last gross salary and three referees including their most current contact details. All applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number (ACT/SCO/16/2018) and the position on the e-mail subject headline.
Deadline for applications submission is 12:00 noon Wednesday 7th November, 2018
Act! is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance to corruption.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: