Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands-Accelerated Growth (REGAL-AG) project is a seven year, $24.4 million dollars USAID funded project that seeks to foster increased competitiveness in the livestock value chain – particularly red meat, live animals, camel / cattle dairy, and poultry production – while generating economic opportunities for actors along the value chain, particularly pastoralist livestock keepers, including women and youth.
In the final year, REGAL-AG will support the construction and rehabilitation of eight additional livestock markets and livestock infrastructures through its Community Contracting Fund, aimed to alleviate market infrastructure constraints and generate economic opportunities.
ACDI VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented VAT Management Officer for 7 months.
The employee will under the supervision of Finance Director.
The VAT Management Officer is responsible for the overall management of Value Added Tax (VAT) filing, tracking and collection, following the finance policies and procedures for the USAID-funded Kenya programs.
The duties are including but not limited to the responsibilities outlined below.
The position will be based in Nairobi.
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive tracker of all invoices and DA1 forms submitted to USAID.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of DA1 sent and received/refunded.
- Update the VAT tracker with all approved DA1 forms received from USAID.
- Systematically file the approved DA1 forms upon receipt.
- Collect VAT refunds from vendors as and when the approved DA1 forms are received.
- Maintain and systematically file, paper trail of the collection process relating to each approved DA1 form.
- Update the VAT tracker for with monies/ cheques /credit notes received.
- Follow up on original invoices and ETR receipts and prepare DA1 forms for printing within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Preparing DA1 filing and submitting the return to USAID.
To perform this job successfully, the VAT Management Officer must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
While the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Providing support in Accounting and Finance department
- Business degree or CPA 2 /ACCA 2 or equivalent certification
- Two years’ experience of VAT management in donor funded project or experience in debt collection.
- Good administrative and organizational skills; record keeping and filling systems.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Experience with USAID project procedures, policies and compliance requirements are highly preferred.
- A good command on Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Fluency in English required
How to Apply
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than March 16, 2018.
In the subject line, please include the position title and a county(s) that you would like to be considered for.