Virtual HR Job Vacancy for Finance & Administration Manager, Application Details
Our client is a leading ICT Solutions provider in East Africa region and has retained a top position in Top 100 mid-size companies listing in Kenya for the last five years consecutively. They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will responsible for designing & implementing the key financial policies, procedures, and systems required to help the company manage its financial operations.
Finance & Administration Manager Job Responsibilities
- Ensure sound financial management for the company in compliance with IFRS and Kenyan statutory requirements
- Manage monthly financial reporting, bank reconciliation, cash flow analysis and management, accounts/banking management, processing expense vouchers
- Ensure adherence to the financial policies, procedures, and practices; ensure compliance with governmental contracts, supplier and other agreements;
- Work closely with the External auditors to facilitate annual audits; identify and coordinate audit process with the finance team.
- Compliance with tax, legislative and statutory requirements for both the company and the employees.
- Prepare and submit tax returns (Income Tax, VAT, and Withholding Tax)
- Monthly PAYE submissions, PAYE reconciliation (mid-year and annual).
Fixed Assets Management:
- Develop and maintain the property management database/inventory spreadsheet; update the database for each new purchase of equipment;
- Supervise quarterly inventories to reconcile database entries with physical counts of property within the office;
Working Capital Management (Payables, Receivables, Stocks, Cash and Bank Balances)
- Ensure collection of 80% of debts from the allocated debtors on time
- Ensure timely submission of all monthly bills payments.
- Update receipt payments made by clients into the system on timely basis
- Ensure cash flow management practices by regulating debt, collecting debt and controlling credit.
- Ensure 100% compliance with company internal control procedures and follow the company credit policy in all financial transactions
Procurement and Logistics:
- Supervise and ensure the consistency of procurement records management; create and comply with standard records file list for all procurement activities – Purchase Order Forms, receipt of goods and services (GRN forms)
- Manage supplies management process that ensures adequate stock of supplies to prevent stock-outs
- Oversee and guide the logistics team as per work plan.
- Individual Job design & analysis for the Finance, Supply chain and administration teams.
- Workforce planning.
- Recruitment & termination.
- Performance management & review.
- Training & development planning.
- Custodian of the company strategic plans
- Follow up and monthly monitoring of the strategy implementation
Qualifications for the Finance & Administration Manager Job
- Degree in Finance or related course
- CPA (K)
- MBA in Finance, Accounting or Strategic Management is added advantage
- Over 5 years’ experience in IT Industry with at least 2 years as a Finance Manager
- Experience in IT retail environment is preferred
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Familiarity with Kenyan regulations and practices especially in finance & human resources
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com with the subject FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER by 15th December 2017, stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.