USIU Job Vacancy 2017 for Lifeguard, Application Details
Reporting to the Senior Student Affairs Officer – Sports Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining constant surveillance of patrons in the swimming pool facility, and acting immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
Lifeguard Job Responsibilities
- Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests
- Provide swimming lessons and swim team coaching when available
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
Qualifications for the Lifeguard Job
- A diploma from an accredited university (Degree is preferred);
- First Aid Certifications
- Experience teaching swim lessons or coaching a swim team is highly desirable
- A minimum of 2 years of lifeguard experience is preferred
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Flexible schedule required
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
How to Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, December 22, 2017.
Director of Administration United States International University – Africa P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: email@example.com www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position one has applied for
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding USIU Job Vacancy 2017 for Lifeguard, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.