USIU Job Vacancies for Senior Digital Marketing Officer, Application Details
Reporting to the Chief Manager – Marketing and Communications, the Senior Digital Marketing Officer is charged with the responsibility of driving the University’s digital strategy, helping to meet and leverage on the ever-growing dynamics of key stakeholders.
The officer will have excellent understanding of traditional and digital marketing in addition to social media, websites, mobile apps and their analytics; providing sustainable brand solutions using digital technologies.
Senior Digital Marketing Officer Job Responsibilities
- Development and management of the digital and social media strategy for the university.
- Develop and educate on digital engagement policies and procedures
- Provide leadership in the development of a Social Media Agency that encompasses students, faculty, staff, alumni and other stakeholders in driving positive and balanced conversations.
- Compellingly communicate the university’s story by envisioning how content will be presented/distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics, Audio/Visual & Interactive elements.
- Deliver an excellent user experience by working on quality and compelling content.
- Lead digital plan development (Search Engine Marketing; Search Engine Optimization; Paid Digital Media (Google AdWords/Facebook, Twitter & Instagram Ads, inbound marketing).
- Work with stakeholders to define website architecture detailing what sites and social assets the university will maintain.
- Conduct digital asset audits to map a brand’s global web presence and assess the effectiveness of each asset.
- Drive lead generation and conversions through digital campaigns.
- Apply analytics to better profile, target and retarget prospects, adapting campaigns to deliver higher quality responses and improve conversions rates.
- Research and recommend best practices using analytics and on-going testing.
- Monitor activity on digital properties and report back and take appropriate action on negative and positive tonality.
- Monitor ROI goals on all marketing initiatives and adapt accordingly.
Qualifications for the Senior Digital Marketing Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business or equivalent from an accredited university.
- A working experience in developing integrated digital marketing strategies.
- A strong working experience in user-centered design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process.
- Extensive experience in Content Management Systems e.g. Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Hootsuite, Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Knowledge of photo and video editing to augment text content in various campaigns will be an added advantage.
- 5 years and above relevant work experience managing websites within a content management system framework and digital marketing strategy development and execution.
- Demonstrated competence and qualifications in digital marketing, communications, public relations, business and IT.
- Applicable knowledge and ability in successfully integrating digital channels to deliver multi-channel campaigns.
- Output oriented, can handle time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines.
- Can work well with minimum supervision in a diverse team and across various functions both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies and trends in the digital space.
- Requisite experience in managing online technologies, standards and trends and the capacity to identify opportunities to deliver improved online services.
- Experience in optimizing digital content through A/B testing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and liaise at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with the website / webserver alone or in conjunction with third parties in a timely manner.
- Good analytical and research skills including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines and to manage competing priorities.
- Experience in managing day to day social media, mobile apps and website content delivery.
- Experience in reviewing and renewing corporate websites by engaging user experience.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
How to Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, December 22, 2017.
Director of Administration United States International University – Africa P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com.
Kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position one has applied for
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding USIU Job Vacancies for Senior Digital Marketing Officer, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.