Telkom Kenya Job Vacancies 2018 for T Specialist
Under the direction of Technology Manager – IT Systems Support, the Database Administrator is responsible for capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Installing and upgrading the enterprise databases (Oracle, MySQl, MS-SQL) and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system and servers
- Creating primary database storage structures after application developers have designed an application
- Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Ensuring compliance with Oracle and MSSQL license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Maintaining archived data on tape or EMC Data Domain Backup system
- Work as part of a team and provide 7×24 support when required
- Patch Management and Version Control
- Provisioning storage to servers
- Check performance of some key, custom, long running reports and processes.
- Check some key Oracle statistics like buffer hits, dictionary hits, sorts to memory/disk.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in BBIT, Information Technology, Engineering or any-related technical degree from a recognized institution
- 2-6 years relevant experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry will be an added advantage
- Networking skills to form collaborative partnerships
- Database Administration
- Backup and recovery
- Good analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to plan and prioritise own and team’s work
- Calmness under pressure
- Continual Improvement
- Depth/Breadth of expertise
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 23th February 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom is an equal opportunity employer