Standard Media Group Job Vacancies 2018 for Camera Operator
The Standard Group comprises The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a quali ed, experienced and reputable team player to ll the following position:
Reporting to the Managing Editor – Broadcast
Overall Purpose Of The Job
To shoot informative and professional TV pictures that capture the mood and spirit of the event and assist reporters in developing appropriate accompanying stories.
- Operate professional video cameras for news as well as documentary production
- Transmit Live video images using Mobile News Gathering equipment such as Live U or Quicklink.
- Advise producers and reporters on camera techniques and creative angles
- To take detailed notes of the subjects covered
- Describe circumstances under which clips were taken in order to guide the Editors in story selection and content
- Submit lms to the Head of Camera Unit and concerned Editor within set deadlines
- Able to work independently without reporter and/or producer on location
- Able to edit sequences using Final Cut Pro or other editing systems and send via FTP or mail, using broadband network or via satellite broadcast
- Able to travel widely, including overseas for news and documentary assignments as and when required
- Take care of camera and other equipment assigned
- Diploma in Mass communication, Media Studies or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Two (2) years relevant experience
- Judgement or discretion required
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge of routine(s)
- Strong people skills and the ability to work in a team
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
If you possess the above quali cations and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.