Save the Children Job Vacancies 2018 for NGO Research Coordinator
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: As a key member of the East and Southern Africa (ESA) regional programme quality support team, the Regional MEAL and Research Coordinator is responsible for supporting Country Offices to embed MEAL and advance learning through quality research and evaluation.
He/she provides support to country offices to strengthen different components of MEAL especially learning through research and evaluation, facilitating the dissemination of outcomes within and beyond the ESA region.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Master’s degree in international development or in one or more of Save the Children’s thematic areas (e.g. education, public health, nutrition, child protection, child rights and livelihoods& food security)
- At least 6 years’ experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning and Research
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in designing and implementing research and evaluations
- Ability to synthesise large reports and write concise briefs using infographics as well as produce and deliver high quality presentations
- Understanding of the principles for creating and maintaining communities of practice
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in networks and communities of practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- A flexible and resourceful attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills in order to understand the range and content of the emergency programmes’ work and provide practical solutions to operational challenges.
- Proven data analysis and report writing skills
- Good understanding of child participation, child protection and child rights governance issues
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Strong self-starter who is able to take initiative
- Commitment to Save the Children aims, values and policies, including child safeguarding and data protection
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
How to Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Deadline: 22nd February 2018
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Save the Children Job Vacancies 2018 for NGO Research Coordinator, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.