Reeds Africa Job Vacancies 2018 for Demand Planning Manager
Our Client, a Manufacturer of Food Products is looking to fill the position of Demand Planning Manager.
- Forecasting – Sales, Production and Material requirements
- Define and implement processes, procedures and supporting systems for logistics management.
- Manage warehouse operations through maintenance of stock control systems and ensuring inventories are accurate.
- Develop and implement Purchasing and Contract Management policies.
- Management of people and processes to ensure performance targets are met, as well as providing regular reports on forecasts, consumption trends and inventory counts.
- Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, and safety.
- Direct the movement, storage, and processing of both inbound and outbound inventory.
- Develop strategic and operating plans to insure that the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth
- Communicate resource plans to gain consensus from Sales, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing that respond to current and expanding markets;
- Develop Manufacturing/Distribution models to determine and validate business strategies.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s vision, objective & policies and how the Distribution function contributes to these.
- Review and periodically update supply chain policies and SOPs to comply with environmental policies, standards, regulations/laws.
- Manage transport and distribution costs by selecting transportation routes/means that maximize profit.
- Ensure timely delivery of company brands to customers and distributors; and keenly monitoring distributors’ inventory/ order cycle.
- Develop critical raw material costs forecasts and the corresponding budgets.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Provide System to support the production planning process with accurate, timely information.
- Ensure efficient use of storage space and mechanical handling equipment while meeting quality, budgetary, safety and environmental objectives.
- Providing regular and accurate reports and statistics to Management to aid in decision making.
- Carrying out stock take on a regular basis and reconciling physical stocks with records.
- Timely processing of export documentation and orders.
- Dealing with customers and distributors communication; and monitoring the quality of service they are receiving.
- Identify potential projects to deliver changes and improvements to the supply chain and commission select projects
- Execute product life-cycle (range) management (e.g. product introduction and phasing out, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships (such as third-party logistics).
- People Management: Providing Leadership, Coaching and development of direct reports.
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce/Business Administration (Procurement and Supplies Management Option) or related field.
- Minimum 5 years proven managerial experience in a similar role of Demand and Supply management, preferably in a FMCG set up.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing environment(s).
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.