Pwani University Job Vacancies 2018 for Mason
Pwani University a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards, encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research and to providing quality services to our customers. The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Head Cook Grade A.
- This is an entry position in the University, and appointment is on either temporary or permanent terms, or on a (2) year renewable performance based contract depending on age, citizenship or nay other reason.
- Applicants must a have a minimum qualification of KCSE Mean Grade D (plain) or its equivalent plus a Government Trade Test II in Masonry or equivalent certificate in Masonry from an accredited Technical Training Institution.
- In addition, applicants must be physically fit
- Have a certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police
- Have held a clean record of service
- Applicants must have at least two (2) years masonry experience and shown merit and ability in their job performance.
- Applicants must have proven integrity, assertiveness, alertness and compliance to orders.
- Knowledge in the use masonry related tools, masonry techniques, equipment and materials.
- Skill in the construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces
- Should be able to read and interpreted building plans and drawings.
- Good communication skills
Successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not limited to
- Repairing, maintaining and altering buildings, retaining walls and other brick or stone edifices.
- Install and repair tile floors and /or walls.
- Assisting the Technical team in preparation of bills of quantities for masonry works.
- Construction of small and medium masonry structures
- Maintenance of the brick lined external drainage systems for waste water.
- Plastering ceilings and walls.
- Doing carpentry work incidental to masonry work.
- Delegating work to helpers.
- Reading blue prints.
- Mixing mortar, laying brick/stones and /concrete sidewalks, paved walkways, making and repairing steps.
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Head of Section / Department.
Terms Of Service
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the position. Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor Pwani University P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Persons living with Disabilities should attach a copy of their National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) registration Card.
Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 27th February 2018. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More