Pwani University Job Vacancies 2018 for Head Cook
Pwani University a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards, encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research and to providing quality services to our customers. The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Head Cook Grade A.
- This is a senior position in this cadre in the University, and appointment is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a two (2) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Diploma in Food and Beverage production and Service or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum work experience of two (2) years in a busy organisation at the position of Cook with proven integrity, independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines.
Applicants should have experience in handling the following duties and responsibilities:
- Management of food production and service
- Supervision and coordination of cooks
- Food handling, preparation and distribution
- Any other duty as assigned by the Head of Section/ Department
In addition, the candidate should:
- Show Active involvement in International/Continental/Regional /National/ Local/Community activities.
The candidate must have skills in:
- Mass food production
- Food portioning and service
- Record keeping
- Good communication
Terms Of Service
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the position. Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor Pwani University P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Persons living with Disabilities should attach a copy of their National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) registration Card.
Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 27th February 2018. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More