Pwani University Job Vacancies 2018 for Assistant Lab Technician (Anatomy)
Pwani University a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards, encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research and to providing quality services to our customers. The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Assistant Lab Technician (Medical Anatomy)
- Applicants Must have a Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Mortuary Science, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Applicants with certificates in the relevant field with more than two years of experience will have an added advantage.
- Applicants must: Have a minimum of two (2) years relevant practical working experience with proven integrity, independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines.
- Be a member of relevant professional body.
- Applicants should demonstrate ability to.
- Practice the human anatomy act.
- Handle human specimen with respect.
- Handle chemicals in use and aware of risks hazards involved.
- Properly use of protective equipment.
- Computer literacy
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork skills
- Conducting Anatomy practicals and evaluation of Diploma Undergraduate, and Post Graduate students.
- Setting practical examinations.
- Assist in maintaining an updated inventory of consumables and non-consumables.
- Assist in demonstrating procedures.
- Be in charge of proper storage of human specimen and material.
- Ensure proper labeling of Human Materials.
- Ensure proper protocols are followed in discarding human remains.
- Assist in conducting student practical sessions.
- Issuing and collecting practical manuals to and from students
- Assist in preparation of budgets for teaching materials
- Ensuring that the laboratory is opened/locked in time
- Ensuring that the laboratory work environment is safe
- Maintaining laboratory equipment
- Making Orders, receiving, and providing care for laboratory specimens and storage of preserved specimens.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and retrieval systems.
- Maintain clean and tract equipment
- Performing any other duty assigned by the immediate supervisor
Terms Of Service
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the position. Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor Pwani University P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Persons living with Disabilities should attach a copy of their National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) registration Card.
Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 27th February 2018. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.