People Foco Job Recruitment 2018 for Accounts Assistant (15-20K)
Our client, a water treatment firm in Nairobi is looking to fill the position of Accounts Assistant.
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- In charge of petty cash, bank and stock reconciliation
- Prepare Monthly stock movement and carry out periodic stock takes
- Assist finance manager in preparation of monthly P& L and balance Sheet
- Manages cash flow in an efficient manner.
- Ensures compliance with company’s expenditure policies
- Dealing with statutory returns
- Provide timely organisation and distribution of all financial reports and other documents
- Constantly looking to improve systems capability to meet work demand or seek improved systems in the market as upgrade or replacement options
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of working area, sites and documentation at all times
- Aware of the responsibility for safety in and out-of-the work premises for self and others.
- Know what to do in case of an evacuation/fire alarm or other emergencies
- Ensure that all data, information and reports belonging to company, are kept locked or in safe and secure locations at all times
- Take part in communication meetings on a regular basis and approach team members in confidence if any problems arise.
- Take part in internal training courses and to implement what has been learnt in daily practice.
- Be able to give correct information to relevant parties internally and externally regarding company products and services
Qualifications for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting e.g. ACCA, CPA (K), ACA;
- Working experience of at least 3 years in accounts, auditing, or other financial services or administration role
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience of working with diverse teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Results oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com clearly indicating the ‘Accounts Assistant’ at the subject of the email by 19/01/2018.