KNEC Job Vacancies 2018 for Senior Administrative Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council (also referred to as KNEC or the Council) was established in 1980 under the Kenya National Examinations Council Act Cap 225A of the Laws of Kenya. This Act (Cap 225A of 1980) was repealed in 2012 and replaced with KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012.
The Officer at this level will report and be answerable to the Principal Administrative Officer in General Administration Division
- Carry out routine administrative tasks, which include organization and Coordination of registry services. Control and distribution and supervision of drivers , telephone operators, messengerial and support staff;
- General arrangements of office accommodation, equipment and supplies and related services;
- Preparation of monthly statements for all administrative issues in the Council.
- At least Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution. A Masters Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Administration from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Served in the grade of a Administrative Officer I or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of (6) six years OR (6) six years relevant experience in Administration in a similar organization;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
a). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
b). The candidates who had applied for the re-advertised positions of Subject officer II and ICT Officer II- Software Development should not reapply.
c). All shortlisted candidates below Scale EC 13 will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.