Kenya National Examinations Council Job Vacancies 2018 for Principal Examinations Administrator (2 Posts)
The Kenya National Examinations Council (also referred to as KNEC or the Council) was established in 1980 under the Kenya National Examinations Council Act Cap 225A of the Laws of Kenya. This Act (Cap 225A of 1980) was repealed in 2012 and replaced with KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012.
- Masters Degree in Education in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Senior Examinations Administrator for three (3) years or in an equivalent and relevant position OR have a cumulative working experience of at least fifteen (15) years in a related field. Those below Job group ‘N’ in Government or TSC or its equivalent need not apply;
- Must have evidence of knowledge and proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity;
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Estimate and present logistical requirements of examinations administration;
- Track and record progress in performance of tasks;
- Receive and process coursework assessment and project marks and prepare relevant circulars for data capture instructions;
- Process exemptions courses and handling of referral cases;
- Undertake receipt and storage of marked scripts;
- Process examinations results;
- Arrange for supervision and invigilation of examinations;
- Facilitate briefing and post mortem meetings with field officers, centre organizers, external assessors and chief examiners;
- Organize marking centres;
- Facilitate appraisal, training, development and discipline of examiners;
- Facilitate payments for contracted professionals.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Firm, fair and with transparent management
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
a). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
b). The candidates who had applied for the re-advertised positions of Subject officer II and ICT Officer II- Software Development should not reapply. c). All shortlisted candidates below Scale EC 13 will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply