Janta Kenya Job Vacancy for Real Estate Accountant (60K), Application Details
Our Client in the real Estate industry is urgently seeking to recruit An accountant to join their dedicated team in Nairobi.
You will report directly to the Directors and dotted to the Chief Accountant.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Maintaining the cash book.
- Manage Asset register, liabilities and stock control.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly Bank reconciliation.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Analyzing expenditure and income on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Reviewing cash balances to ensure correct position
- Shall be instrumental in company budgeting and planning.
- Undertaking timely submission of taxes and statutory deductions and records all such payments shall be correctly filed e.g. NHIF, NSSF and PAYE.
- Preparation of financial accounts for audit.
- Submit all staff loans and advances register for payroll processing.
- Ensure completeness of payroll posting in financial records.
- Maintaining good relationship with bankers.
- Update and maintain debtors schedule and follow-up for payment.
- Check and ensure all correspondences are acted on within 48 hours.
- Advise management on methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment over petty cash payments and staff loans and advances.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with state financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other assignments as requested by management.
Requirements for the Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in Accounting
- CPA (K) finalist.
- 3-5 years’ experience.
Ladies are highly required to apply
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More