ICRC Job Vacancies 2018 Regional Audio-Visual Producer, Application Details
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Job Profile: The Regional Audio-Visual Producer will join the Nairobi Regional Communication Centre (RCC) and report to the head of the RCC.
NB: Open to Kenyan Nationals only
S/he will work closely with English-speaking ICRC delegations in Africa and with ICRC Geneva Headquarters.
The incumbent will be responsible for generating news and online audio-visual content from the Africa region (English-speaking countries) with the aim of raising the visibility of ICRC operations in the region and promoting understanding of the ICRC’s work and mandate.
He/she will be responsible for coordinating audio-visual productions with the public relation officers and his digital colleagues in Nairobi, Geneva and in the English-speaking ICRC delegations in Africa as well as support and train delegations with audio visual capacity when they produce their own audio-visual material.
- In close cooperation with the African region delegations, the audio visual producer actively participates in planning and generating audio visual content (TV news footage, audio visual human interest stories, portraits and video interviews for online platforms, etc.) as well as photographic content for high-profile campaigns;
- Regular travel to the field to generate footage (filming and/or producing);
- Defines, develops and budgets audio visual projects at regional level in relation to priority issues set out in the institutional strategy;
- Provides technical advice to delegations that intend to produce films and other audio visual material;
- Assists with the audio visual production process, such as filming and editing;
- Support in editing headquarters audio visual products to suit regional needs, notably for global campaigns;
Communication & Coordination
- Coordinates with the audio visual focal point in Geneva to get advice and support where necessary on technical and editorial aspects during the planning, production and post-production steps in accordance with ICRC standards;
- Maintains regular contact with the region’s communication teams;
- Enhance team work towards achieving an integrated communication approach to production (digital, publications, audio, photo);
- Liaise with the audio visual producer and the digital team members in editing the video that he/she produces;
- Collaborates with the network of Regional Communication Centre’s on adapting relevant audio Visual productions for the region;
- The audio visual producer ensures that all audio visual records and documents are fully integrated in the headquarters and field production databases;
- Ensures digital files and documentation, photos with captions are transmitted to Geneva (archives);
- The audio visual producer coordinates a promotional approach for all content produced to ensure the digital material reaches the target audience(s);
Planning & Organization
- Develops a yearly plan of action for production and ensures implementation and follow-up;
- Contributes to the analysis of the impact of audio visual production;
- Ensures monthly contribution to ongoing project list shared with the Public Communication Division in Geneva;
- Participates in reporting and team meetings;
- Complies with all administrative procedures such as payments, assignment contracts, time reporting, archiving, etc.
- Liaises with Geneva digital counterparts to discuss technical issues and content-gathering efforts as part of high-profile campaigns and operations;
- The audio visual producer organizes photo, video, computer equipment maintenance and manages loans of video equipment in line with ICRC administrative procedures;
- Keeps track of audio-visual trends and technology and briefs the Nairobi Regional Communication Centre team so as to be prepared to adapt their communication strategies and operating procedures accordingly;
- Provides coaching, advice and support to ICRC delegations on audio visual matters;
- Participates in audio visual production workshops and training for ICRC staff where required;
- Provides advice on communication strategies and support the recruitment of local audio visual where required.
- First degree in communication, audio-visual (AV) production, journalism or related field;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in social media, video production and content creation as a video producer;
- Ability to manage and execute all aspects of video and multimedia production;
- Experience with, and strong knowledge of, video shooting and editing software (especially Final Cut ProX);
- Passion for humanitarian reporting and ability to create compelling and engaging products targeting audience;
- Proficiency in social media platforms and experience in live-streamed video content production (e.g. Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Periscope, etc.);
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms. Ability to evaluate social media analytics and identify new and trending topics and technologies.
- Excellent training and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills. French language will be an added advantage;
- Substantial experience in PC and Mac skills.
How to Apply
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office at the e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th February, 2018 (indicate the position title in the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More