Guinness Job Vacancies 2018 for Quality Analyst
Reports To: Quality ManagerContext/Scope:
Kenya Breweries Ltd is the largest producer of alcoholic and adult non-alcoholic beverages in the country.
Purpose of Role
- To provide timely analytical measurement activities to operations team to guarantee Quality assurance at every stage and on the finished product while meeting the production targets.
- To provide quality technical support in problem solving in operations and carry out training on quality assurance processes at all processing stages for operators.
- Provide training to operators for quality assurance of online measurement systems.
- Tusker Brewery is an integrated Supply and Demand business producing a wide range of products including bottled and canned products, keg beer and a wide range of spirits from the UDV plant
- The Shift Quality Analyst works in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as applicable in the role. Operates the laboratory equipment in terms of safety, quality delivery, cost & hygiene. In the event of a breakdown, he / she attend to the breakdown and in case of difficulties, escalate to the Quality Manager for support.
- Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- Understands the Brewhouse, packaging and Spirits line productions plans and takes end to end ownership
- Sets demanding and stretching targets for self and others.
- Owns process control issues and leads 5why for their resolution
- Ability to build trust with team members
- Takes decisions on his/her role within the company procedures and policies to ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Balance team goals with individual responsibilities
- Take ownership and action on any safety concerns to maintain a ZERO harm culture.
- Empowered to safeguard process control and quality of the product
- Adherence to all company safety regulations including operating equipment in adherence to the safety guidelines to ensure all safety requirements for self and those working around the machines are met
- Ensuring that chemical reagents and equipment are well calibrated. Ensure that processes are accurate and checking the performance of measuring systems.
- Preparation and certification of reagents for use by operator and third party chemical providers.
- Carry out laboratory measurements as per the sampling schedule and in accordance to the SOPs and ensure 100% results reliability.
- Real time posting of materials out of quality stocks location.
- Develop and sustain SPC (statistical process control) for quality analysis
- Train operators on online meters calibration and accuracy check.
- Develop and participate in inter lab ring scheme programme to guarantee lab accuracy and certification.
- Analysis and coordination of monthly samples. Ensuring that actions arising from samples are handled. To monitor process critical control points and data generation.
- Recording, processing and reporting of in process quality data and IPQI and raising actions for improvement.
- Leading RCPs and 5whys for quality related failures.
- Champion process quality assurance activities to minimise measurement and quality control work.
- A holder of BSc. in food science and technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry or microbiology
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management systems.
- Working Knowledge in Microbiology/ hygiene, Brewing and Packaging process.
How to Apply