Evidence Action Job Recruitment 2018 for Associate, Accountant
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive and check imprest requests and returns, while ensuring proper documentation is availed and filed for each transaction, relevant approvals have been obtained, adherence to finance policy, etc.
- Update accounting records as and when transactions take place, and assist Accountant to ensure that proper documentation is filed for each transaction while observing confidentiality and safety of these documents.
- Maintain fixed assets register and ensure that assets inventory records are updated regularly
- Liaise with Accountant in preparation and review of staff Imprest accounts on a regular basis and Ensuring the advance accounts are zeroed out.
- Receive and check imp rest requests and returns, ensuring that proper documentation is filed for each transaction, relevant approvals have been obtained, compliance to Evidence action finance policy etc
- Prepare check request forms for payments attaching all required supporting documents duly approved.
- Disburse cash payments as per the financial policy of Evidence Action.
- Maintain Petty cash on imprest system and conduct cash counts on regular basis, including after withdrawals ensuring safety of cash.
- Keeping track of staff expense accounts including reconciling the same and sending their statements upon request as well as every end of month as per Evidence Action finance policy.
- Support the Project staff in processing their payments and advances.
- From time to time prepare periodical financial reports as requested by the head office.
- Supporting Projects to keep all the financial records safe and secure.
- Maintain and file financial records after posting transactions into Intacct.
- Other duties as assigned
Key performance Indicators
- Timely verification of invoices and processing of payments.
- Timely Payroll process and salary payments.
- Ensure the finance and accounting policy and all its annexes are adhered to for all purchases at Evidence Action and liaise with (DFAAR) for any revisions and updates needed.
- Ensure all donor regulations are met for all purchases including processing of tax exemption for USAID funded purchases
- Verification of invoices and processing payments
- Managing Inventory and Property registers for the organization as will be delegated by supervising officer
- Ensure a clean and timely audit with no material findings.
- 3 years’ work experience in donor funded programs.
- CPAIII/ACCAIII or Degree in related Field
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Audit management experience in donor funded programs.
How to Apply
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Evidence Action Job Recruitment 2018 for Associate, Accountant, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.