Evidence Action Job Recruitment 2018 for Associate, Accountant
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive and check imprest requests and returns, while ensuring proper documentation is availed and filed for each transaction, relevant approvals have been obtained, adherence to finance policy, etc.
- Update accounting records as and when transactions take place, and assist Accountant to ensure that proper documentation is filed for each transaction while observing confidentiality and safety of these documents.
- Maintain fixed assets register and ensure that assets inventory records are updated regularly
- Liaise with Accountant in preparation and review of staff Imprest accounts on a regular basis and Ensuring the advance accounts are zeroed out.
- Receive and check imp rest requests and returns, ensuring that proper documentation is filed for each transaction, relevant approvals have been obtained, compliance to Evidence action finance policy etc
- Prepare check request forms for payments attaching all required supporting documents duly approved.
- Disburse cash payments as per the financial policy of Evidence Action.
- Maintain Petty cash on imprest system and conduct cash counts on regular basis, including after withdrawals ensuring safety of cash.
- Keeping track of staff expense accounts including reconciling the same and sending their statements upon request as well as every end of month as per Evidence Action finance policy.
- Support the Project staff in processing their payments and advances.
- From time to time prepare periodical financial reports as requested by the head office.
- Supporting Projects to keep all the financial records safe and secure.
- Maintain and file financial records after posting transactions into Intacct.
- Other duties as assigned
Key performance Indicators
- Timely verification of invoices and processing of payments.
- Timely Payroll process and salary payments.
- Ensure the finance and accounting policy and all its annexes are adhered to for all purchases at Evidence Action and liaise with (DFAAR) for any revisions and updates needed.
- Ensure all donor regulations are met for all purchases including processing of tax exemption for USAID funded purchases
- Verification of invoices and processing payments
- Managing Inventory and Property registers for the organization as will be delegated by supervising officer
- Ensure a clean and timely audit with no material findings.
- 3 years’ work experience in donor funded programs.
- CPAIII/ACCAIII or Degree in related Field
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Audit management experience in donor funded programs.
How to Apply