CMS-Africa International Job Vacancy For Director NGO, Application Details
CMS-Africa is recruiting for the position of International Director. The jobholder is responsible to strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of CMS-Africa’s Ministry to deliver high ministry quality and community impact. The position will be accountable for all of aspects of CMS-Africa’s work internationally and locally.
Purpose Of Position:
- Lead the CMS-Africa International Leadership Team in setting and achieving annual goals. The team currently comprises 9 full time staff based in Kenya, 7 CMS- Africa Representatives living in East Africa, Democratiic Republic of Congo & South Sudan and 11 local mission partners living in East Africa, Democratiic Republic of Congo & South Sudan
- Reports to the CMS-Africa board through the Board Chair of which the role holder plays the role of Secretary
- Represent CMS-Africa in building relationships with all partners including but not limited to: donors, project partners, local government, church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according to given Power of Attorney. In doing so, the leader will maximize stewardship, effectiveness and efficiency of costs and operating models.
- Be the primary spokesperson for CMS-Africa’s communication locally and internationally.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and support in the development and implementation of an effective resource mobilization strategy in all Financial, Human Resources and Theological aspects
International Director NGO Job Responsibilities
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff and stakeholders on the Vision, Mission and Values
- Promote CMS-Africa’s Vision, Mission and Values among the leadership team, staff and partners and ensure these are the core foundation of the CMS-Africa’s strategies and activities
- Lead the development and execution of the CMS-Africa strategy through programme approaches and operating plans with clear, measurable short-term and long-term targets
- Represent the organization, engage and build strategic alliances with partners, churches and other ministry stakeholders
- Ensure high ministry quality and high impact by leading in a way that delivers the expected annual targets in a sustainable basis
- Recruit, motivate, equip, lead and retain capable to implement the strategic and operational plans
- Provide overall strategic leadership and initiative for identifying and securing financial resources to support the ministry programs
Qualifications for the International Director NGO Job
- Post-graduate education level in related areas including but not limited to Theology, Leadership, Community Development
- 15+ years relevant experience in programme development and/or mission-related organisations, with progressively more complex and higher level leadership roles.
- An experienced Christian leader with strong moral and demonstrable integrity in their personal and professional life, considered to role model the organization’s Christian faith and bring spiritual leadership to the team.
- A role model of accountability and integrity in both personal and professional life
- Strong developer of teams and ability to embrace leadership principles and promote staff engagement and well-being.
- Strong ability to raise the profile and visibility of CMS-Africa both locally and internationally
- Proven visionary and strategic abilities
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders including board, senior leadership, staff, partners, donors and communities
- Significant management experience (general/operational) where there is evidence of both accountability & managerial know-how
- Fluency in English (knowledge of an additional international language will be an advantage)
- Working mission experience in the African context including an understanding of political, socio-economic, and cultural contexts within the country
- Experience working with a Board or governance body is preferred
- Experience in driving and leading fundraising
- Cross-cultural sensitivity –able to relate with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- A strong and genuine passion for community transformation
- Ability to work and travel in country of assignment as well as regionally and internationally
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and leadership experience to fulfill this vital and challenging role that will enhance the lives of, we invite you to apply. Please visit the CMS-Africa website (www.cms-africa.org) for detailed job description to apply. Please forward an application letter indicating your suitability to this role, together with a copy of your updated resume, and your current and expected salary and benefits package to: CMS-Africarecruitment@peopleinsightslimited.com before 28thDecember 2017
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More