Chuka University Job Vacancy for Webmaster, Application Details
Chuka University, the 9th Public University to be established in Kenya and the second Public University to be charted, located in serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies.
The webmaster will generally be responsible for maintaining the University Website and
ensures that the site is functioning properly and is available to users at all times. She/He should work closely with network team, ICT support team and the University Management towards achieving an effective fully integrated information system to meet the changing need of the University
Webmaster IT Job Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in ICT or its equivalent from recognized institution.
- Should have a deep and broad understanding of the Web and website governance issues such as online strategy, systems and software administration, hosting, online marketing & communications, e-commerce, customer service, web content development workflows, website graphic design
- Should know how to configure web servers such as Apache HTTP servers
Duties for the Webmaster IT Job
- Responsible for coordinating and directing all website related activities in the University
- Ensuring that the web servers, hardware and software are operating correctly and accurately
- Responsible for generating and revising web pages
- Replying to user comments and examining and analyzing web site traffic
- Responsible for the regulation and management of access rights of different users on website
- Create and modify appearance and setting up website navigations
- Create and place content on the web pages
- Deals with and respond to heavy volumes of email
- Decide and make recommendations to the Management on the kind of hardware and software that will hold a website’s information
- Test websites to see if there are links hat are difficult to use and fixes them.
- With consultations with the management decides the content to be placed in the website how the site content will be delivered to the internet
- Monitors volume of the files to keep them small and manageable so that sites load faster.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
Vice-Chancellor Chuka University P.O. Box 109-60400 Chuka
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Chuka University Job Vacancy for Webmaster, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.