Chuka University Job Vacancy For Legal Officer, Application Details
The legal officer will provide assistance in the provision of expert legal advice to the University and provide general legal counsel to staff.
Qualifications for the Legal Officer Job
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in law from a recognized University. Those possessing CPS (K) or Master’s
- Degree in Law will have an added advantage
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- Must have 3 years post-admission experience in civil and criminal litigation, commercial law, labor law, insurance law and conveyance.
- Be conversant with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations and all related Laws
- Have sound knowledge of the Kenya Labour laws
- Have experience in contract negotiation and drafting
- Be self-motivated, confident and possessing good communication skills, exemplary interpersonal and team building skills, with good persuasion and negotiation skills
- Be a strong team player, creative and innovative
- Should have knowledge and experience in using computerized management information systems applications and tools
- Be a person of high level integrity, commitment, and professional responsibility, with high moral and ethical value.
Legal Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provision and handling of all in-house legal matters of the University
- Protecting the University from possible litigation by offering legal counsel to the management and staff
- Preparing briefs and documents to be used as evidence in Courts
- Preparing updates for the Management in relation to the reviews and interpretation of University statutes
- Crafting of charges for staff and students violating the regulations governing the conduct and discipline of staff and students
- Exercising due diligence and research to ensure the University complies with applicable law
- Formulation and guidance on the preparation of documents such as Memoranda of Understanding and Collaboration agreements
- Preparation of general Contracts and Agreements that bind the University to ensure theym are not ambiguous
- Attending courts and ensuring that witnesses attend court sessions when called upon to do so and briefing the
- University Management on the development of litigations
- Formulation of statues and policies that govern the conduct and discipline of staff and students from time to time
- Preparation of staff and students indemnities
- Ensuring that the University adheres to the laid down procedures and regulations in employees matters, disciplinary measures and any other matter which has legal implications
- Performs any other duty assigned by the University management.
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
Vice-Chancellor Chuka University P.O. Box 109-60400 Chuka
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Chuka University Job Vacancy For Legal Officer, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.