Chuka University Job Vacancy for Irrigation Technologist, Application Details
Qualifications for the Irrigation Technologist Job
- Bachelor’s degree/ Higher Diploma in Civil/ Irrigation/ Water resources/ Hydraulics engineering from recognized institution.
- Should demonstrate exemplary work performance.
- Must have 5 years work experience in irrigation works
- Should have knowledge and experience in using computerized management information systems applications and tools.
Irrigation Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Plans, designs and oversees construction of irrigation systems for transporting and distributing water to agricultural lands
- Plans and designs irrigation fixtures and installation of fixtures
- Plans construction of such irrigation systems as dams, canals and ditches according to the type of soil, climatic characteristics, water supply, return flows and other factors affecting irrigation requirements
- Conducts research on the problems of soil drainage and conservation applying knowledge of civil engineering.
- Should be conversant with various types of irrigation system that are available such as sprinkler and drip systems and how they impact water and soil conservation
- He / she should be capable understanding an irrigation system that will give the most excellent results in the area to be irrigated
- He/She should work in the field to evaluate terrain, soil and climatic characteristics to optimize the use of water
- Maintain a clean register of all university property including furniture and general fixtures coordinate maintenance and repair of university buildings ground plants and equipment
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
Vice-Chancellor Chuka University P.O. Box 109-60400 Chuka
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Chuka University Job Vacancy for Irrigation Technologist, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.