Chuka University Job Vacancy for Finance Officer, Application Details
Chuka University, the 9th Public University to be established in Kenya and the second Public University to be charted, located in serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies.
This is a senior position in the University and the Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance, Planning and Development).The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services to meet legislative requirements and support University operations.
He/She will be a seasoned and mature leader with broad finance experience in accounting and financial information and should have experience in managing the finance functions (accounting, budgeting, control and reporting) in a large modern organization.
Finance Officer Job Requirements
- Must have Masters or its equivalent in relevant field
- Must have Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option)
- Must have CPA (K)
- Must be a registered member of ICPAK
- Must have 3 years’ experience as a Deputy Finance Officer grade 14 or equivalent in a busy organization
- Must have Computer skills including ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing.
- Knowledge of ERP and specifically Management Information System and accounting software would be an added advantage
Duties for the Finance Officer Job
- The Finance officer reports to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AFPD) and is responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the office of Finance Officer
- Responsible for the administration and monitoring of the financial system in order to ensure that the University finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for effective co-ordination and implementation of all financial policies and procedures
- Responsible for adherence to the International Financial reporting standards( IFRS)
- Ensure the maintenance of effective accounting systems in the University in line with the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for the developing and managing reliable cash flow projection process.
- Liaise with Government and other agencies on all University financial matters.
- In-charge of financial and personnel matters in the department.
- Responsible for the coordination and generation of financial reports.
- Responsible for compliance with all relevant laws on financial matters.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and accurately entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Responsible for formulation and implementation of the departmental strategic plan.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the university budget to Management and University Council.
- Ensures that the University Computerized accounting system, financial files and records are well maintained
- Responsible for the submission of the University end year financial statements and accounts to University Council and Kenya National Audit Office.
- Monitors and advises University Management and the Council on the University cash reserves and investments.
- Coordinates preparation and reconciliation of monthly bank statements reports
- Advise University Management and Council on all financial matters.
- Establish employees files in the computerized accounting system
- Oversees computation of employees’ salaries, statutory and any other deductions and contributions and remit the same to statutory bodies
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Administration, Finance, Planning and Development.
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
Vice-Chancellor Chuka University P.O. Box 109-60400 Chuka
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More