Chuka University Job vacancy For Assistant PR, Application Details
Chuka University, the 9th Public University to be established in Kenya and the second Public University to be charted, located in serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies.
Assistant PR Officer Job Requirements
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication / Journalism or equivalent from recognized institution.
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Have excellent Computer skills including use of graphic communication (videography and photography skills).
- Posses ability to edit video footages and photographs.
- Posses great Media Relations skills with ability to know how to interact with other media outlets.
- Have ability to write press releases and speeches
- Show exemplary work performance
- Have 3 years in Public Relations
- Be member of Public Relations Society of Kenya, will be an added advantage
Duties for the Assistant PR Officer Job
- Prepare and disseminate corporate publicity information materials like posters, banners, calendars, diaries, prospectus and brochures
- Managing the PR exercise of potential crisis
- Participate in the production of the monthly newsletter publication by collecting and writing news stories, photos and editing of the newsletters
- Coverage of University activities ( both video and photography)
- Prepare advertisements for media houses.
- Media monitoring
- Participate in organizing and coordinating University exhibitions and marketing activities
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
Vice-Chancellor Chuka University P.O. Box 109-60400 Chuka
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Chuka University Job vacancy For Assistant PR, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.