Chuka University, the 9th Public University to be established in Kenya and the second Public University to be charted, located in serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies.
Assistant Estate Manager Job Qualifications
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in building and construction/ civil/ electrical engineering/ construction management.
- Be registered with a relevant professional body
- Must have at least five(5) years’ work experience in large organization as facility Manager, Maintenance Manager, Construction
- Manager, Site Engineer, Clerk of works
- Must have technical skills and knowledge to use project management software such as Archicad/AutoCAD
- Should be fully conversant with health and safety issues
Duties for the Assistant Estate Manager Job
- Ensure that all University buildings and compounds are maintained at the highest standards i.e. cleanliness, maintenance, repair and construction works
- Conduct periodic audit of facilities and maintain a comprehensive maintenance and repair schedule
- Manage maintenance of power lines, generators and compressors
- Manage water reticulation management
- Manage water treatment works
- Maintain an updated inventory of buildings, furniture, equipment and other related assets
- Manage budget/ estimates preparation for maintenance work
- Preparation of periodic reports on the status of the buildings and other installations
- Provide estimates for construction
- Coordinate in liaison with the head of departments/sections the scheduled meetings and the logistic of using University facilities.
- Liaise with the building regulatory bodies on issues of permits and other regulatory documents
- Advises the university on building health and safety issues
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
Vice-Chancellor Chuka University P.O. Box 109-60400 Chuka
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Chuka University Job Vacancy for Assistant Estate Manager,, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.