Bidhaa Sasa Job Vacancies 2018 for Area Manager
Bidhaa Sasa is a women-focused start-up that uniquely combines financing and last-mile distribution of modern household goods in a one-stop shop for the rural areas. We make technology goods, such as solar systems or efficient jikos, both accessible and affordable by offering consumer financing to the under-served and unbanked. We deliver life improving products to our clients’ doorsteps while making all products payable in affordable instalments.
We sell our products through groups that are recruited and managed by women leaders in the rural heartlands of Bungoma, Kakamega and Nandi Counties. Since our humble beginnings in 2015, we have reached over 5,000 clients and are expanding our reach further with new locations.
About the role
There are two positions available for the Area Manager role, in Webuye and Vihiga. Responsibilities include recruiting, training and managing a team of around 8 staff, whose main job is to build relationships with clients, which is a mix of a sales and a loan officer role. The hire will also be responsible for achieving set targets for the area that include both sales and client repayment behaviour.
In addition, this is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team but it also means that it’s a rapidly changing environment, requiring you to be responsive and adaptable.
Leadership & People Management
- Monitor and support a team of group coordinators ensuring they reach their targets in their assigned territories and administrative duties are completed;
- Continually evaluate the team, conduct performance reviews and develop internal trainings to strengthen skills;
- Recruit and train group coordinators under the current curriculum in the area of your operation as and when required.
Client Relationship Management
- Analyse company customer relations and how to improve service for current and new customers, as for us our customers are at the heart of our business;
- Travel frequently to the field to monitor activities and meet with customers.
Operations and Administration
- Run the area office, including all administrative duties such as stock reconciliations, record keeping and reporting, overseeing staff expenses etc.
- You’re passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country and excited about working in a multi-cultural environment; You value diversity and are respectful to others;
- You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients and within teams;
- You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility.
- You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets;
- Minimum two years’ experience as loan officer or field officer working directly with clients in rural areas;
- At least one-year experience of managing a team of employees (not just casual workers);
- Degree in Business Studies, Rural Development or equivalent; Sales experience an advantage but not a must;
- Knowledge of local dialects a strong advantage.
- Starting at Ksh. 25,000 gross per month as base salary plus a strong monthly bonus of around half the base salary that is linked to sales and loan portfolio performance of your team.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 7/02/2018 indicating on the subject line the position and location interested in e.g. Area Manager – Webuye.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.